Queensland Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
The Queensland Government has just announced a $10 million grant package to support Queensland businesses to adapt and sustain their operations in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, and build resilience moving forward.
What's On Offer
Each successful business will receive up to $10,000 - this is a grant, not matched funding, so it could cover an entire project!
The aim of the program is support the sustainability and diversification of small businesses - a perfect opportunity for projects to assist you increase your digital capability, get your online store up and running, digitise your systems, upskill your staff or get your online presence up to date.
Excitingly, this funding also covers business specific equipment and software so it's an ideal time to set up your Point of Sale System or annualise your digital subscriptions.
Am I Eligible?
The eligibility requirements to apply for this grant are as follows:
– have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland's Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
– demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
– employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
– have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
– be registered for GST
– have a Queensland headquarters
– have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
– have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
– not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Can Empower Digital Help Me?
We'd love to!
Now is an absolutely golden opportunity for your business to undertake the work that you have been putting off, or to try something new to expand and diversify your business!
Here's some ways we think we can help:
Shopify Ecommerce Packages – Setting up an online store for your business is such a valuable way to create resilience for your business, helping you reach new markets and selling across a variety of channels. Even if your business is not traditionally one you would think of as trading in this space (think restaurants! gyms!), COVID-19 has shown us that thinking outside the box can create immense ongoing value for businesses globally.
Shopify Point-of-Sale and Ecommerce – There has never been a better time to digitise your inventory and sell more effectively both in store & online. Whether it be your bricks-and-mortar store, or pop up shops and market stalls, Shopify will help sync your inventory, enhance your professionalism & give greater efficiency to your business.
Training and Consulting – At Empower Digital, we are passionate about ensuring our clients are given the skills and knowledge to take control of their online presence. We can help you build your own ecommerce solution in Shopify, increase traffic to your site through search engine optimisation and organic reach, and help you gain greater business efficiency with GSuite. Let us know what you need and we can tailor a package to suit your business.
This funding is only available for the first 10,000 businesses that apply, and it will be in hot demand. Contact us now to discuss your needs and we can provide you with a quote to submit with your application ASAP.